Thursday, February 13, 2014

We're in quarantine! (Well not really but it feels that way.)




Sorry no tested recipe this week.  We've all been sick with this bad bug that is lingering in my house like it's immune to Lysol, which has been sprayed sufficiently on all surfaces except the dog.  (Since we all cuddle with him it was suggested by an unnamed family member but I used my mommy clout to protect him from the fumes and the humiliation.)  The scene at my house was quite less charming than the picture above but I thought it was cute with the brother dressed up like a doctor nonetheless.

Since tomorrow is Valentine's Day I wanted at least share something pink, red and heart shaped.


How sweet!

Click to see recipe.  
Notice my little guy's fingers helping me hold the page flat?  Just got home from the doctor and I put him to work!  I promised him Valentine pancakes for breakfast tomorrow to return the favor.  We'll see how we all feel.  I hope he doesn't have to miss his class Valentine's party!  :(

The rest of the recipe.

I hope everyone is well and out enjoying winter like this happy girl!

The magazine is a bit worn but I love the picture!
Sarah

5 comments:

  1. "We've all been sick with this bad bug that is lingering in my house like it's immune to Lysol, which has been sprayed sufficiently on all surfaces except the dog." I'm so sorry to hear you are all sick, but this made me LOL. I may lose power tonight...snow plus ice plus wind gusts. Yikes. Feel better, Sarah and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and yours are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Heather! My son is having his second sleepover of this long weekend tonight. This time at our house. One daughter went out last night and the other is well enough to be bored. And I felt good enough to cook a real dinner. We are definitely on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake is really, really charming! I adore vintage holiday themed recipes and keep a keen eye out for them all year round wherever I go online or off. I'll be bookmarking this gem for next February. Thank you!

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* So very true about winter + sweatpants + time for extra light fare.

    ReplyDelete