Friday, December 6, 2013

Intro, posting schedule, and rules.

Hey there.

I'm starting this blog to share my experience with vintage recipes. After years of pouring over my mother's old cookbooks I lucked out and went a fantastic estate sale this fall with my friend Susan. I found over 300 vintage magazines dating from the 1930's to the 1960's!  I did a little Googling and found that the lady of the house was a fantastic cook, thus my blog name. The idea of cooking vintage may seem odd but the more I learn about nutrition, health, and the importance of real food the more I see how the old recipes developed before processed foods were the norm are really the way to go. Not everything I make is pretty or easy or even 100% from scratch but it's real food. Thanks for joining me on this adventure!

Part of my vintage magazine collection from the Katz Cohn home.

My goal is to post a recipe once a week.  But you know life (aka my 3 kids, pooch, and hubby) sometimes gets in the way.  I'll do the best I can.

My rules:
1.  All recipes will be tested before posted.  I'll tweak it until it's a "tried and true" recipe.
2.  All recipes will be made with minimally processed ingredients.  For example I'll use store bought flour in bread, not grind my own wheat.  I may use homemade chicken broth even if a recipe calls for canned.
3.  All recipes will be vintage and from my collection.
4.  I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist.  I may share interesting articles and my opinions but refer to your doctor or a medical professional before making any changes to your diet.  I am not responsible for your health- you are!
5.  Content © Sarah Hartman.  Please contact me if you'd like to publish or copy any of my content.

I'll post my first recipe within a week.  It's a delicious Beef and Noodle Medley from the September 1953 issue of Women's Day.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment